The Link You Followed Has Expired” WordPress
Are you facing the “The link you followed has expired” error on your WordPress website? Don’t worry, it’s a common problem that many users face when uploading files or installing plugins and themes. In this article, we’ll explain the causes of the error and How To Fix “The Link You Followed Has Expired” WordPress Error?
What Causes “The Link You Followed Has Expired” Error?
- When you upload a file or install a plugin or theme on your WordPress website, there’s a time limit set for the process to complete. This time limit is usually set by your server’s configuration or your website’s settings. If the process takes more time than the time limit, you’ll see the “The link you followed has expired” error.
- Another cause of the error could be the size of the file you’re trying to upload. Your server or website may have a limit on the maximum file size that can be uploaded. If the file size exceeds this limit, you’ll see the error.
How to Fix “The Link You Followed Has Expired” Error?
There are several ways to fix the “The link you followed has expired” error on your WordPress website. Here are some of the most effective ways :
1. Increase the Upload Limit
To increase the maximum file size that can be uploaded to your WordPress website, you can modify the upload limit settings in your website’s .htaccess file or in your server’s php.ini file.
Now, you can add the given code at the bottom of your .htaccess file.
php_value upload_max_filesize 128M php_value post_max_size 128M php_value max_execution_time 300 php_value max_input_time 300
2. Increase the Execution Time
You can also increase the maximum execution time for PHP scripts on your website by modifying the max_execution_time setting in your website’s php.ini file. Or you can add the following code to your WordPress theme’s functions.php file.
@ini_set( 'upload_max_size' , '120M' ); @ini_set( 'post_max_size', '120M'); @ini_set( 'max_execution_time', '300' );
3. Use FTP to Upload Files
If you’re having trouble uploading files using the WordPress media uploader, you can try using an FTP client to upload the files directly to your website’s server.
4. Disable Plugins and Themes
If you’re still facing the “The link you followed has expired” error, it could be caused by a plugin or theme. It means a plugin or theme conflicting with your website. You can try disabling all plugins and themes and then re-enabling them one by one to see which one is causing the error.
“The link you followed has expired” error is a common issue faced by WordPress users. The error can be caused by a number of factors, including file size and server settings. However, with the lots of ways provided in this article.